Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I have fought the good fight

Oh, the last day's here, of these long two years... (you're all singing now)

Well, I never thought this day would come. But alas, here it is. It has been a great week for me and my companion. I have never worked so hard in my life. We taught more lessons than I ever have in a week in my whole mission. We were able to find an investigator that will be baptized this Saturday, and an investigator of more than 3 years has finally committed to be baptized this Saturday as well. The Lord has placed so many people in out path this week, it has been incredible. This week has been a little tender mercy in my mission, and I have seen so much improvement in my companion as well. He is so excited to work and to finish his mission strong now. Really, I couldn't have asked for a better week to end my mission.

This week, well... tomorrow I am going back to be with Elder Blanco and to finish off the last few days doing my assistant duties. I also wasnt able to say goodbye to hardly anyone in Umacollo so I am going to take advantage of Tuesday and Wednesday to say goodbye to everyone who I didnt get the chance to see before I left and whom I wont be able to see this weekend. So basically, I have seen the end of my mission working days. 

I have so many mixed feelings about all this. But I am so grateful for my mission and for the experiences I have had here. It has been incredible. I really dont know what to say here, other then that the gospel is true and really does change lives. Thank you all for your love and support these last 2 years. I'm so excited to see you all soon!

Much love,

Elder Matheson
Misión Perú Arequipa
2014-2016


No comments:

Post a Comment