Friday, July 8, 2016

6/25 Chao Presidente Zobrist

Alright family, another week down, and it was another busy one for us. First of all, President Zobrist is NOT done yet. He finishes on Tuesday. President Johnson will get here on Tuesday as well. He is staying at the hotel (it's like 2 blocks from the mission home) because they are remodeling the mission home a little bit before President Johnson gets here. So I still havent met him. I'll let you know how it goes this week :)

So this week we received another new group of missionaries from the MTC. It's the last group I will receive, and it was President's last as well. I always love getting the new group because it reminds me of when I was there and all the excitement we had to get out and work, and how nervous we were to have our new companions, and I see the same in all of them every time we pick them up from the airport. 

President Zobrist was in the office talking to me the other day about his mission and his experience and how much he has loved being the mission president here, and then he told us, "you know, I brought one book to read here in my mission, you know, in my free time. In three years, I have probably read about a third of that book." I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa can relate haha. I've really loved having him as our mission president, and for the chance I've had to really get to know him and the great man he is. He told us the Zobrist Bed and Breakfast is open whenever we come through Las Vegas. 

Leonidas is going to get baptized later today. We are sooooo excited for her. Seriously, we love her so much and are really estatic for her baptism. I think the whole ward is coming to her baptism as well haha. Yesterday we placed another baptism date for the 30th of July with the lady that cuts our hair. She is really really awesome. Her name is Diana, she's about 35 years old, and we have been teaching her for about a week now. She has an 8-year-old son, Diego as well. They are coming to church on Sunday, as well as Arturo, Leslie, and Daniela, the family we are teaching now. They are progressing really well. They have been praying together as a family and are reading the Book of Mormon. We had them read Moroni 8 and they read it and said, "you know, as Catholics, we were all baptized really young, but this makes sense. Children really dont need to be baptized." They have a baptismal date pending for the 30th. If they end up getting baptized that day, we would all be able to go. If not, the most important thing is that they get baptized. 

Funny story of the week: We were contacting the other day and stopped this guy in the street to talk to him and give him a pamphlet. It was probably 7 at night and it was kind of dark and couldnt see what this guy had in his left hand (this will important later). We shook his hand and started talking to him. He wasnt super receptive so we gave him a pamphlet and asked for his address to try and stop by another time, and he said "hey sorry guys, I'm a little....uhhh....intoxicated." Then we finally saw what he had in his other hand, which was a big fat marijuana blunt haha. We kind of just stood there kind of shocked and he went huffing and puffing on his way. I think that pamphet might get put to "other uses." 

Wish us luck this week. It's going to be a crazy one! Love you all!

Elder Matheson 

No comments:

Post a Comment