Wednesday, December 23, 2015

11/16 Trio & Transfers

So first off, this week was transfer week, and neither Elder Jenkins nor I had a transfer, which means at least one more transfer here for me! I am actually super excited about that, I really love my area. the ward is super supportive. We have been working super hard to get the attendance at sacrament meeting up to 200 and we had 198 yesterday. When I got here, it was at 170 or so. The ward is working super well right now and we are seeing the results. I may not have had the baptisms that I would have wanted here in the last few transfers, but I feel like i have for sure helped to "build up the kingdom" here in Alto Misti. 
We were in a trio this week and it was awesome. We had Elder Heywood with us, and he is a super good missionary. Works really hard. And it was awesome to be able to work normally for a week or so. We were super productive, and we found this awesome new investigator named... what for it.... Maximiliana. Super weird name. We were walking down the street and saw this lady sitting on the curb doing a bunch of paperwork but we decided that we needed to talk to her. We got an appointment with her for the next day and went on with our day. We went looking for her the other day and ended up finding what we thought was her address. It just so happens that there was a different Maximiliana in the other house who didn’t want anything to do with us. We were kind of confused but ended up asking people for directions and were able to find our Maximiliana and her 11 year son, Alexis. She is super awesome. She had a 12 year old son that died a few years ago, and she is ready to hear the gospel. She and her son accepted a baptismal date for the 19th of December. We´ll see how she progresses.
Well, that is just about it for our week. It was a good one! Happy birthday to Emma as well. the big 1-2. You are growing up so fast! try not to be taller than me when I get home. 


Elder Matheson

Elder Jenkins and the rogue chapel pigeon





No comments:

Post a Comment