Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Transfer Week



Well, this is the last week of yet another transfer. I swear this one just started, where did the time go? Elder Nelson has been here for a while (6 months) and President Zobrist told me this week during an interview that I would be getting a new companion. I guess we will see what happens this week! Another interesting tidbit of info is that there are not a whole lot of new missionaries coming to this mission right now, and because of that, President will have to close 20 areas over the next 3 transfers. He said most of the wards and brances that have 4 missionaries will only have 2 now, so we need to get really really good at working with the members to be able to mantain the same amount of baptisms and lessons that we are having right now, just with less missionaries. We have 6 missionaries in our branch, and I cant help but think that our area will be closed here in the coming transfers. I guess we will see what happens. 
So I ran into our Ward Missionary Leader from Chachani today, and he was telling me all about what is going on back home. Every single one of my converts there (except for one) is active and has callings. One of the less active young men we helped reactivate recently received his mission call and will leave in July, and the last baptism we had before I was transfered, Janet, is now attending mission prep classes with plans to leave on a mission when she can. Hearing that really helped me to solidify my testimony of the work here. I was thinking about all the doors that were slammed in my face, all the people who didnt accept the gospel, all the disappointment-- then I thought about all these people in the gospel now because of that sacrifice and it was all sooooooo worth it. 
The guy who said he wanted to get baptized last week, Jose Flores, is going to get baptized this week, the week after that Alex and Claudia will finally get married and baptized, and the week after we have another guy named Jose Abanto, an 60 year old guy who suffered a construction accident and now  cant walk without crutches, will be baptized with this 19-year-old single mother named Lizbet. That would be 5 baptisms over 3 weeks, which would be awesome! Just have to follow up a bunch with these people!
Hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Matheson


No comments:

Post a Comment