Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Transfers

Hello everyone! 
Transfer week! Elder Ramirez and I are staying put here! That means 6 more weeks here in Chachani, and I have some mixed feeling about it. I'm happy to be able to spend 6 more weeks here in this ward where I have lots of friends and converts, but I've been here for long enough that a change wouldnt be unwelcome either haha. Obviously the Lord still has things for me to do here in this area, so I'm going to work my hardest to do what He wants me to do here. 

This week was.. kind of depressing haha. We had a sure baptism that fell through and we havent been able to get in contact with her at all. Really depressing but that happens sometimes. At the start of the week, we had like 10 investigators progressing, and now we have 3. We only have 1 with a baptism date, and it was someone we contacted and placed a baptism date in the street, so we'll see how that goes. We're contacting everyone we see, but I guess we're preaching to a bunch of Amalakites because they dont want anything to do with us haha. One guy told us that the only way he would ever believe in God is if He personally came to him to tell him. Then he slammed the door in our face. The only bright spot was that we found one new family to teach. And they are awesome. We'll let you guys know how it goes this week with them, but they seem golden right now. 

So I thought my Spanish was coming along quite nicely until my pension asked me how to play baseball. I found out pretty quickly that my gospel Spanish doesnt cover how to explain baseball. I think I might have just confused them more. 

Haha so that was my week, keep praying for me cuz I'm praying for you!
Love always,
Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment