Monday, December 29, 2014

Losing track of the weeks....

Hey! First off, hope everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was pretty good too! It was super nice to be able to talk to you guys for a while. It was good to see that nothing has really changed at home--still chaos and happiness haha. Even though this was the Christmas I've been farther away from home than I ever have before, it might be the best Christmas I've had. It was simple, but it was focused on the things that matter most. We sang in the Plaza de Armas and it was so nice to see a lot of the missionaries from my group from the CCM and talk to them for a bit. 

So Guido and Belarmina got married this week! Finally! We spent most of Friday with them at their wedding along with a bunch of other members of the ward that came to show their support, including Jorge and Vanessa, an awesome family in our ward who we ate dinner with X-Mas eve. Then yesterday Guido, Belarmina, and their 8-year-old son Jhojan (pronounced Johan) were baptized. I was able to perform the ordinance for Guido and Jhojan and the husband of the RS president here baptized Belarmina. The RS president and their family have been so helpful! Literally dropping whatever they were doing to help Guido and his family get married and baptized. I was also able to confirm Jhojan, and I was super nervous because we went up in front of the Sacrament meeting and the bishop asked who he wanted to confirm him, and he said "Elder Matheson." So their, in front of the whole ward, I had to remember how to do it. But I did it! And it was a really awesome experience. It was the first blessing I've given in Spanish but the words just came really easy and I was able to convey what the spirit wanted me too.

So Rodolfo.. that guy is awesome. He blessed the Sacrament yesterday and is helping us teach Ricardo, one of our investigators. Turns out, they live like one block away from each other! We watched the Restoration video and afterwards Rodolfo bore a powerful testimony about the Book of Mormon and his conversion to the church. And when Ricardo gets baptized, Rodolfo is going to perform the ordinance. I feel like a proud parent right now haha. 

Anyways, hope everyone has a great week! Keep me posted on the sports world, and dont forget to write every now and then!

Love,
Elder Matheson








No comments:

Post a Comment