Sunday, May 8, 2016

4/23 Asistentes Viajantes

Hey everyone! 

As you can tell from the title (those of you spanish speakers) we did a lot of traveling this week! We really only had one day in our area, which is tough sometimes but we had a good time traveling. We ended up going to Pedregal, Mollendo, Ilo, and Moquegua this week. What a week! We are really tired haha. I dont understand how sitting in a chair doing interviews can make you so tired, but it does. It has been such a spiritual experience doing these interviews, really getting to know the missionaries a lot better, helping them with their problems and just listening to them. We have been asking the question, "what is the most important thing you have learned on your mission?" The answers are different every single time, and it always brings the spirit. I've been asking that question to myself this week, and I think the most important thing I have learned is how true the gospel is, and how important it is too. I guess I always thought it was all true, or at least believed it, but now I can say that I know it, and that I know what I want my life to be like and what I dont want it to be like. 

We are working a lot with our ward members to try and get references, and a lot of people have commited to getting in touch with their friends and inviting them to meet with her or go to a church activity or their noche de hogar. It will be a slow process getting all the members involved, and it might not give a ton of immediate results, but if we keep doing what we are doing, we are going to really build the kingdom, and not just baptize people we contact in the street. We need to strengthen the members and have them get involved in missionary work, and then they'll have consistant growth in the ward. As President Zobrist said, if every active member of the Church prepared one person to meet with the missionaries once a year, and 25% of those people got baptize, we would have more than a million convert baptisms every single year, more than quadruple what we have now. It really isnt that hard to do. All we have to do is invite. 

We dont have any progressing investigators right now. We have a lot of people who seem they are about to progress, but they just dont for some reason. We are working with the family of one of our recent converts (Karla and Nicolas), and they seem they could start progressing at any moment right now. Karla's brother and sister in law, Celeste and Beto, are really awesome. Celeste told Karla the other day, "when the elders teach me, I feel like God is talking to me." They are feeling the Spirit, but there is something holding them back for some reason. Pray for them so that they can soften their hearts and accept the gospel! 

Well, it was a good week and this next one should be a good one too. We have the last set of interviews on Tuesday with Zamacola, my first zone. I think that night we have a training for the STLs, (sister training leaders) and that will continue through Wednesday morning. Other than that, I dont know if we have any other trainings or anything like that. I should me a pretty laid back week. Then come transfers (AGAIN?!?!), the new group coming in, leadership conference, and then zone conferences again, then President Zobrist goes home, new MP comes in, and then interviews again and by that time it will be the end of July and I think something relatively important happens at the end of July but I cant remember :) 

Have a good week!

Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment