Thursday, February 4, 2016

1/18/16 Cat-Stration

Hello Family!

Yes, the title is exactly what it sounds like. Our pension (her name is Herminia by the way) has a little kitten named Michi (its Quecheua for cat) that is adorable, and the missionaries that pension there always feed it and play with it and that thing loves us. But... the cat is starting to leave to go out in the street to find a "lady friend," so Herminia handed us a few rubber bands and said, "Elders, its time to fix the cat." I guess since we always take care of the cat, it was our responsibility to "fix" it as well. Well, this poor cat. We held it down, and I was given the honors of "placing" the rubber band. It walked kind of funny for a few minutes but the next day it had seemed to calm down. Now we play the waiting game.
 

Other than that.... we did have a pretty good week doing missionary work as well. We had our zone conference, and it went SOOOO much better than the last one we had. Nobody got locked into any chapels, everything was ready to go on time, and the spirit was a lot stronger in the meeting. The missionaries came prepared, and as a result were able to get a lot out of the meeting. We talked a lot about humility and about patience and love. Humility really is such an important factor of missionary work, or life for that matter. It brings patience and love to our relationships and helps us recognize the Lord´s will in our lives and then carry it out. Humility is something I have tried to really learn the last few weeks. I think I have always been kind of a prideful person, but it is something I am working on and think I am getting better at.
 

We found a new family that is super cool. Their names are Eduardo and Joanna, and they have two little boys (they are adorable btw). They are a young couple (late 20s early 30s) and they aren’t married but live together. We haven’t taught the law of chastity yet, but they really do care about each other and their family and so they should accept it and get married. They accepted a baptismal date for February and came to church yesterday and participated in the classes and made friends in the chapel, so I think they had a really good experience. Prayers would be appreciated for their progress!
 

I realize that I have neglected to include in my emails stuff about my studies in the morning, my ponderizing scriptures, stuff like that. I ponderized D&C 11:9 this last week, and I don’t know which one to do this week. Suggestions? I am currently reading through the BoM for the third time in Spanish, and I am in Alma 46. I want to finish it 2 more times before going home. As I realize that my time is running ever shorter here in the mission, this scripture in Jacob means even more to me:

 70 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard senthis servant; and the servant went and did as the Lord had commanded him, and brought other servants; and they were few.
 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to,and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold,this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; forthe end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh;and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joyin the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against thet ime which will soon come.
 72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.


Well, that is about all from me. Hope everyone is doing well at home!

Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment