Wednesday, September 30, 2015

9/28 Lunar Eclipse

This was kind of a rough week for the numbers and investigators. These last 2 weeks have kind of been like that, we are working as hard as we can, but it just seem like there arent people for us right now. We had planned to bring 15 investigators to church, and at the last second they all canceled on us. Kind of frustrating, but it happens sometimes. Sometimes God just wants us to learn patience and trust in His timing. We are working hard, and the blessings will come (D&C 59:4). The good news is that the Church is true and that we are working in the vineyard of the Lord.

This week is transfers, and my companion will be finishing his mission this week. He actually finishes his mission Wednesday, so right now I am searching for someone that can be my companion for a few days while I wait for my new companion who will be coming Monday. I still dont know what it will be... gringo? latino? who knows. I have a feeling it will be a gringo, but we´ll see what happens.

Last night there was a total lunar eclipse here in Arequipa. We went up on the roof of our house and filed all of the reports and all the other stuff we have to do on Sunday night while watching this awesome lunar eclipse. Rumor on the streets here in Arequipa was that yesterday was going to be the Second Coming because the scriptures say that one of the signs of this would be that the moon turns to blood. But, we´re all still here, so I guess we´ll have to wait a little longer haha.

Well, not much to report this week. It kind of stinks to "kill" your companion. Hard to stay focused on the work sometimes. There is just a lot of stuff that happens at the end of your mission, everyone wants to say goodbye, and the work seems to get lost a little bit in all the farewell meetings and what not. I love Elder Coello to death, seriously, I really dont want him to go, but I am going to be super happy to have a new companion and to be able to just work and focus and what we need to do.

Have a great week!

Elder Matheson




Young Adults performed an original Peruvian dance







No comments:

Post a Comment