Thursday, March 12, 2015

Transfers!

Hey everyone! So the big news of the week is that I got transfered. That´s right, after almost 6 months in one area, I am gone, out of here. And as much as I was hoping that I might get transfered, when we got the call, I was so sad to leave. I dont know if it is because I was ¨born¨ there in Chachani or not, but I have a really special connection to all the people I have been able to work with and help out. I spent most of Sunday going to say goodbye to all of the members and my converts and what not. It was seriously one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. We had a Farewell meeting in the zone last night too. We all had a chance to get up and say a few parting words, and it was a real sob fest, let me tell you. Elder Dayley, Elder Larsen, and Elder Moll are all from my MTC group, and we all had the chance to be in the same zone for the first 6 months of our missions. And we are all leaving together. Saying goodbye to all of my friends in the zone was just so hard. But that is the mission. In a way, it was almost harder saying goodbye to Chachani than it was saying goodbye to my family, not because I love the people in Chachani more than my family, but because I know I will see my family again, but most likely wont see anyone of the people I love so much in Chachani again. 

So I got transfered to Pedregal in the Siguas zone as the senior comp. I recognized the name of the area when they told me, because I guess it´s the ¨punishment¨ area in the mission. They havent had baptisms here for a while, and their numbers are all super low for some reason. My new comp is Elder Nelson, he´s a new missionary who just finished his training. I literally got here like an hour ago so I havent had a whole lot of time to talk to him, but he seems like an alright guy. I am nervous to be the senior comp, but I can tell this area needs help and I am ready to work hard to get this kid a baptism. i know the Lord will watch over us as we go forward in this work, and that as we work hard, we will see blessings. This will be an interesting change for sure haha. 

I finished my time in Chachani by working hard and trying to find more investigators for Elder Ramirez to teach. Another elder from my group, Elder Heaps, came to replace me, and the kid is a stud, I have no doubts that he will take good care of my beloved chachani. 

Love you all, have a great week, pray for Elder Nelson and I!

Elder Matheson



No comments:

Post a Comment